Monday, January 26, 2015

An Actor's Pantry - ORANGE CINNAMON CHICKEN IN A NEST OF CRUCIFEROUS CRUNCH

Let me start by saying that I created this dish loosely based on a recipe I received as part of a weight loss program. The units of measurements of the cinnamon, pepper and vinegar seem a bit high so I adjust them to my tastes. I suggest you do the same.
Bon appetit!

4 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
juice of 1/2 an orange
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (my favorite is Grey Poupon made with white wine)
1 tsp. vinegar
basil (fresh or dried)
Bragg sauce (optional)
 4 oz. Cruciferous Crunch (from Trader Joe's)


Place orange juice in a small frying pan or pot with cinnamon, pepper, Dijon mustard and vinegar over medium heat. Once mixture is very hot, add the chicken breast. Saute for a few minutes only. Then place chicken breast and basil on an aluminum foil tray and broil for a few minutes to desired wellness. There should be juice left in the saute pan and some in the tray after broiling. Combine and place aside.
In a large deep bowl, arrange the Cruciferous Crunch with a hole in the middle like a nest. Place the broiled chicken in the middle, pour juice over entire dish and add 2 - 3 squirts of Bragg if you wish.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment