Monday, January 6, 2014

An Actor's Pantry - CREAM DROP BISCUITS

A couple of years ago, I was dating this man who I mistakenly thought was "the one". Although I would love to forget most of the debacle it turned out to be, one event was quite humorous and inspired me to learn how to make biscuits. I put out a post on facebook and my fellow acting buddy, Bernard K. Addison came to the rescue with this recipe.  Not only is this treat soooo easy to prepare, the biscuits actually come out fluffy, just like in this picture:




2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups chilled heavy cream





Preheat over to 400 degrees F. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add cream, then stir just until a dough forms.

Drop heaping 1/4 cups of batter about 1 inch apart on a ungreased large baking sheet. 
Bake in middle of oven until tops are pale golden and bottoms are golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.


The story doesn't end here. I have written a couple of webisodes based on this bizarre relationship but when more significant events took place in my life, I put that project on hold. Now, I'm thinking about just highlighting the "biscuit incident". I have received many signs from the universe lately saying, "Yes, go ahead. Write it. Shoot it."
Maybe that's where the story begins....

1 comment: